Pizza is one of my favorite meals! I love a great veggie packed pizza. I also love a pizza that is quick and that does not require the long dough rising times. I chose not to add vegan cheese or vegan meat substitute to this pizza because I am trying to steer clear of the processed vegan cheese and meat substitutes in an effort to lead a clean-eating, whole plant-foods based diet. Feel free to substitute any of your favorite veggies!
– 2 cups of all purpose flour
– 1/4 cup of organic, unrefined coconut oil
– 2/3 cup unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
– 2 tsp baking powder
– Optional seasonings: garlic salt, oregano, basil
– 2/3 of 15 oz can of tomato sauce
– Garlic salt, onion powder, spicy seasoning blend, dried basil, dried oregano, to taste
– 1 zucchini, sliced into circles
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– Other veggie options: spinach, red onion, black olives, broccoli, artichokes, etc.
– Preheat your oven to 425 F. If using a pizza stone, preheat your pizza stone as well for 15-20 minutes or according to your stone directions.
– Prepare the vegetables as listed in the ingredients and set aside
– Place all of the crust ingredients into the food processor, starting with the dry ingredients and ending with the wet ingredients, process until a crumbly dough forms
– Remove crumbly dough from the food processor and roll into a ball, knead dough on a floured surface, roll dough with rolling pin into the desired crust thickness, roll edges of crust down
– Place pizza dough on the preheated pizza stone (that has been sprinkled with cornstarch to prevent sticking) or a greased pizza pan
– Top with pizza sauce and veggie toppings
– Bake for 15-20 minutes until crust is golden brown (note that a shorter baking time is needed if using a pizza stone)
– Slice into 6-8 slices, serve immediately, and Enjoy!